What are blisters?
Blisters are painful, fluid-filled lesions, often caused by friction and pressure.
Causes of blisters:
- Ill-fitting shoes.
- Stiff shoes.
- Wrinkled socks against the skin.
- Excessive moisture.
- Foot deformities.
What can you do?
- Keep your feet dry.
- Always wear socks as a cushion between your feet and shoes.
- Wear properly fitting shoes.
- If a blister does occur, do not pop it. Cut a hole in a 1/4″ piece of foam or felt, forming a “doughnut” over the blister; tape the foam or felt in place or cover with a soft geltype dressing.
- Treat an open blister with mild soap and water; cover it with an antiseptic ointment and protective soft gel dressing to prevent infection and speed up the healing process.
What will Dr. Allen do for you?
- Remove the blister surface if needed.
- Prescribe appropriate medications, topical or oral.
- Recommend paddings, dressings, and friction-reducing measures.